The Gallery in Malden turns one year on November 16, 2018. To celebrate this milestone, The Gallery will host a series of three exhibitions culminating in a celebration and final exhibit on November 16. The three featured exhibitions will be invitational and juried exhibits of works of fine art or design (applied arts) presented in various mediums. Jurors will select works from all three exhibitions to be featured at the open house. This exhibition is a coordinated effort by The Gallery in Malden to showcase the variety of creative work that enhances our day to day existence in a manner that provokes thought and discussion.
Pop art presents symbols and icons of society and the nostalgia they inspire We are looking for 2 or 3-D symbols depicted in paintings, photography, sculpture, fabric arts, jewelry, or collected relics.
- Due date July 30
- Drop off dates: August 4-5
- Show duration: August 10 –September 9
- Opening reception: 7 to 9pm, August 10, 2018
ART AND INNOVATION
When new ways and thought disrupt the status quo innovation is present. We are looking for representation of innovation or artistic innovation itself. Works can be 2 or 3-dimensional, media, or video, sound, or technology.
- Due date August 30
- Drop off dates: September 8-9
- Show duration: September 14-October 14
- Opening reception, 7 to 9pm, September 14, 2018
ART AND DESIGN
Fine art and design or applied arts such as industrial design, graphic design, fashion design, interior design, architecture, photography, and the decorative arts are said to have different purposes. We are looking for submissions that clearly delineate the differences or similarities between art and design.
- Due date: September 30
- Drop off dates: October 14-15
- Show duration: October 19-November 15
- Opening reception, 7 to 9pm, October 19, 2018
Open to all artists and designers in the general Boston region.
Works that will be accepted must be of quality, appropriate for the space, and presented with a compelling description and tie-in to the theme.
All 2D and 3D work must be ready to hang or position in the space. Computer generated or technological works will be treated on a case by case basis. Our curators will work with a team to ensure appropriate display. A brief note about installation requirements should be included for non-traditionally hung or presented works.
- Complete entry form for appropriate theme by deadline. (Forthcoming)
- Make payment $15.00 online or with entry dropoff.
- Bring work to The Gallery at 480 Main Street during open hours or by appointment by deadline at time specified by jurors.
- Work must be brought ready to be hung or installed*. In some cases, jurors may request to see the work before accepting it.
- Receive word of entry status one week following deadline.
*in the case of projections or other non 2D or 3D items, mention about the requirements for installation should be included in entry form.