a group of artists, artisans, and cultural entrepreneurs selling high quality handmade products at 57 Pleasant Street in Malden, MA. We are committed to building community in Malden through arts commerce. Our shop is a welcoming place to browse and buy an array of creations – each with some personal story or process that gives great value to the item. We hope to enhance Pleasant Street in Malden with our presence.
- Betsey Cogswell, Volunteer Coordinator
- Sandy Felder, Artists Liaison
- Grace Julian Murthy, Design Lead
- Beth Copp, Marketing Lead
- Preeti Mehta, Coordinator
- Ginny Remedi-Brown, Shop Design and Marketing
- Marcel Schwab, Finance Lead
- Elizabeth Scorsello, Shop Design and Marketing
- Amy Shinerock, Shop Design
The Gallery @57 emerged out of an exciting series of artist driven popups that began in 2016 at 480 Main St. in Malden, MA. In 2017 – 2018, the same group of artists pulled together a longer term gallery in that same space.
When The Gallery at 480 Main St. concluded its term at the end of 2018, many people were saddened. But a few knew that the foundation of generosity, creativity, and power of community through arts would prevail and sustain a longer term, more permanent version of The Gallery. In July 2019, the opportunity became reality, as a lease was signed for the space at 57 Pleasant Street, right in the heart of the major transformation that Malden Center is undergoing. The Gallery @57 opened its doors on October 25, 2019. We welcome you to visit us in our new home.