What is The Gallery
The Gallery is a creative space, community, and incubator of art, media, commerce, and community. It accommodates a gallery shop, an art gallery, performances, art and media classes, media services, and various business services. The Gallery is a cultural hub and a catalyst for social, business, arts, and cultural innovation.
It is currently run by a team of volunteers sponsored by Malden Creates, LLC, a local business initiating opportunities for local creators to show, sell, perform, and engage with the community.
The Gallery is fueled by the what if questions that inspire innovation, development, and possibilities actualized.
Our new “What If” questions:
- A creative community could form in such a way as to provide support, friendship, and collaborative energy for a creative art and community space?
- Artists and performers in and around Malden could earn revenue as they create locally?
- We could encourage more art in Malden?
- Malden became a destination city – known for abundant, music, theater, art, culturally rich experiences, profitable commerce, cutting edge media services and presence?
- Malden had several permanent arts centers teaming with creative activity?
- Arts helped revitalize Malden so it became profitable and hip and equitable?
- Arts could help bridge connections, reduce division, and encourage community that cares?
- Ose Schwab, Director
- Lori Manfra, Inventory Management
- Melinda Harmincz, Sales and Business Development
- Marcel Schwab, CFO
- Meiling Kwok, Marketing Consultant
- Grace Julian-Murthy, Creative and Graphics Design Director
- Nick Forgione, Press and Messaging Director
- István Lévai – filmmaker, video
- Margaret Kruse – Training and Operations Consultant
- Melane Messer – Volunteer Experience Facilitator
The 2017 Popup
The 2016 Popup